Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Magic Box

I will put into the box….
The adventures I had in my past and will have in my future
As well as my tears I’ve shed, and also the joy and happiness I had felt
Also  my first steps on this earth  
I’ll  also put into the box…
The waterfall that I’ve jump off into crystal clear water
As the water make me feel more at home than anywhere else in the world
With the most beautiful sunset with the rose gold that you ever see
 
The last thing I’ll  put into the box  
Is the moon rising over the crystal clear water  
As the strobing glow of fireflies slowly come out of hiding  
Surrounding me as I look up to the unknown galaxy around me


My box is fashioned from crystal and crushed moonstone, with the rushing water from Mt Everest on the lid and the love from my family and friend on it corners.


Its hinges are the toe joints of the flaming  phoenix and  join with feathers from the flightless bird

I shall climb with my box to the highest point of Mt Fuji and I shall run up the stairs of great wall of China, I’ll travel with my box  seeing every single inch of the world.   


This week we have been learning to paint a picture with our words when we write. We used Kit Wright's Magic Box poem to help us do this. My favourite line in this poem is the adventures I had in my past and will have in my future. I like this line because it makes me think about what I have done and the things I might do in the future.

1 comments:

Robyn Anderson said...

A fabulous poem Jasmine! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'The adventures I had in my past and will have in my future .' It makes us think about what you may do next :)

Post a Comment